- Vivian Greene
All athletes improved on their previous time trial, congrats all. But why the quote?
After their race every athlete told me what went wrong with their race; why it wasn't perfect. Olympic athletes never have a perfect race. They have a race plan and they execute it. You have all shown huge improvements technically in the last 3 months but; when the gun went you forgot it all!!!
For the December meet we will have race plans and practice executing them.
So what should a sprint race look like? How do I execute?
- Block set up (you all have your set up - PG do not try a new setup on race day!)
- Starting block clearance (press back on blocks - zero step)
- Acceleration phase (body angle - knee to chest and drive back behind - longer ground contact times)
- Transition from acceleration phase to max velocity/top speed)
- Top speed/speed maintenace (high knee/force application/relaxed)
Remeber the drills in training where we put cones every 15-20mtrs and practice the different stages in the race; now we will execute in a race.
It was a great day out; thanks to Aisling for the great bakes; thanks to the athletes for teaching me the dab and a huge thank you to Believe and Achieve for a great meet in a great facility.
Results are posted on link below.