A very happy New Year to you and your families. Lets hope we get to compete in 2021.
I will post sessions over the coming weeks; you will need to adapt depending on surface you are training on, weather etc. etc.. We will use the opportunity to complete a lot of circuits to ensure balance and mobility when we return to the track. We will do on-line zoom classes for the group at normal training times (if interest!!!)
1) Please click on link How to warm up and activate your body to sprint with Paul Opperman (jnrcru.org) and work through your band warm ups, lunges etc. through all planes of motion.
2) Plyo Box step ups: (bottom step of stairs etc. if you do not have a box) - 15 right leg / 15 left leg By 2. See YouTube below for how to correctly execute. Keep controlled.
3) In full plank position : alternating sides - left foot to left hand - right foot to right hand by 10 each side
4) Single leg dead lift: slowly and squeezing glute at top: 8 left leg then 8 right leg https://youtu.be/HtHxnWmMgzM
5) Hip Bridges: 10 double leg, 5 right single leg, 5 left single leg by 2
Please do not sprint above 90% on concrete, roads etc.. Suggest a softer path that you would find in Marley park, Cabinteely, Irishtown park etc.. Or wear boots and complete on a football pitch. If you have access to an all weather surface that would be perfect also.
Carioci side step 30 mtrs both directions, backwards run 30mtrs. Low skip 30 mtrs ALL BY 2
Sprint form drills: https://youtu.be/5F71gzoZErQ
(Form is crucial, study the you tube video)
Skipping a 20 metres X 2
Skipping b 20 metres X 2
Ankling 20 m X 2
Cycling 20 m X 2
Quick Leg 20m
Alternating quick leg 20m
straight leg bound 3 each leg X 4 (with 45 secs rest between each set)
bent leg bound 3 each leg X 4 (with 45 secs rest between each set)
bench runs (if park bench, step , low wall) 20 secs on 20 secs rest by 3 (toe up!!!)
Accelerations: Building up to:
60% for 50mtrs, 70%, 80%, 90%
Main session: Run at 70% for 45 secs 3 mins recovery
Run at 80% for 30 secs 2 mins 30 recovery
Run at 90% for 15 secs 2 mins recovery
Run 50 mtrs at 95%
6 Mins recovery BY 2
MIDDLE DISTANCE GROUP:
Run at talking pace for 15 minutes. Then do accelerations as above as fartleks.
Run at 70% of 1km pace e.g. if 70% equals 4 mins , you run for 4 mins
SET: 1km at 70% 90secs recovery jog by 5
Then take 4 mins recovery
4 * 100 mtr strides
COOL DOWN ALL:
When finished jog home and complete core + stretch session
CORE & STRETCH:
1 min core exercise 1 min stretch per calf (yes 1 min right and then 1 min left)
1 min core exercise. 1 min per leg stretch hip flexor into hamstring
1 min core exercise. 1 min right quad (on side as shown, 1 min left)
1 min core exercise. 1 min right glute and 1 min left glute
2 min 10 secs plank and congrats you are finished.
Please post comments to let me know if you are doing sessions and how you are getting on.
Happy New Year,