- Starting block (setup) & Block Clearance (0-5mtrs)- We have been working on this through 3 point starts
- Drive Phase Acceleration (5-15mtrs) : Think of the Wall drills
- Transition to upright running (15-30mtrs):we have been practicing through sprints to 20/30/40/50mtrs
- Maximum velocity (30-60mtrs the part of the race where we are at our quickest)
- Speed Maintenance (60-100mtrs) : This is the part of the race where we have to flow/stay tall and maintain a cycling action
WE WILL USE BLOCKS - ONLY ATHLETES WHO HAVE ANTISEPTIC SPRAY/WIPES and HAND SANITISER will be allowed use blocks.
2 laps maintaining social distance (ITS 2 METRES!!!)
Walk 20 mtrs on toes Hamstring sweeps 20 mtrs Hip flexor stretch 30 secs each side
Full plank: Right foot to right hand / left foot to left hand by 8 each side
On all fours - Donkey kick (knee up to chest and back overhead) 8 each side
On all fours - Hurdle trail leg drill - by 8 each side (IF HURDLES AVAILABLE WE WILL DO HURDLE STEP OVER DRILLS)
Standing straight leg deadlift (slow and 8 each leg) Cariocia side step 20 mtrs each way
20mtrs back wards running
Sprint form drills:
Skipping a 20 metres X 2 Ankling 20 m X 2
Cycling 20 m X 2 Knee up to up 20mtrs
Quick Leg 20m Alternating quick leg 20m
straight leg bound 3 each leg X 4 (with 45 secs rest between each set)
Accelerations to 60mtr:
1 @ 60% @ 70% @ 80% - PUT ON SPIKES - @ 90% (GOOD FORM)
1 @ 100% to 30mtrs
Three Point Start Practice and First three steps: Watch Asafa Powell below
1) Athlete gets in crouch start position. On set they raise into three point start (leg that is back same side hand is on the track - opposite arm is raised and ready to drive through on whistle) - focus on first three steps - Remember the wall drill and if not executing the first three steps practice it. GO -
2 to 10mtrs : 4 minute break (we need to be quick/explosive/aggressive not tired)
2 to 20 mtrs: 4 minute break
SET UP BLOCKS
2 to 10 mtrs
2 to 20 mtrs long recovery in between.
2 to 30 mtrs
1 to 40 mtrs
If not using blocks we will go from 3 point, on belly, facing opposite way etc.
CUES FOR BLOCK CLEARANCE: Big arms, drive, push hard, big knee drive = Remember we will have longer track contact times at the start of the race .
MIDDLE DISTANCE ATHLETES:
800mtr at 1 mile pace. rest 90 secs repeat. Rest 5 minutes by 4
Rest 8 mins then 200 on 40 secs by 3 with walk back recovery.
ALL ATHLETES COOL DOWN LAP AND CORE.