Following a Regional Meeting last night which discussed the government restrictions currently in place whereby 200 people only can attend events the following is being proposed for the National Juvenile Championships in 2020:
- This year’s Championships will be an interprovincial championship.
- Top 15 individual athletes will qualify from each region at all age groups (including U16,U17 and U18) to the National Championships.
- Entry is through the regional secretaries only (no direct entry)
- All 15 athletes can score for the region
- 1 parent/guardian per athlete will be allowed attend.
- Regions can substitute athletes up until the closing date
- If government restrictions ease and should the numbers allowed to attend events increase, up until 2 weeks prior to the event, the committee will ensure that Club teams can enter.
- If any county is in lockdown there athletes will not be permitted to attend the Championships
In considering the above, the Dublin Athletics Board are still planning, subject to the easing of restrictions, to proceed with their Even Age Championships on the 18th October and their Uneven Ages on either 1st or 8th November.
IF YOUR ATHLETE IS PLANNING ON TAKING PART IN THE DUBLIN CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIP PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com with your athletes name, date of birth. This will allow us to proceed quickly if the events are confirmed.