The U9-U11 Team competition will be held in Santry on the weekend 23rd-25th July in Santry. In this competition athletes are paired with a club mate to make up a team for each event. The athletes will compete in their event on their own and results combined with that of their team mate to determine placing. Each athlete is allowed to participate in 2 events (with the same or different partner). If your athlete would like to complete please submit entries to email@example.com before 9pm Monday 12th July and include name and date of birth. Please submit ALL events that your athlete is willing to participate in in order of preference (1-4). See details below. Unfortunately we won't be able to guarantee everyone gets their top choices as we will need to make up a team for each event but we'll do our best to accommodate. If you are not sure about events please book for training on Saturday 10th when we explain the events before you decide.
Emphasis in competition at this age group is on fun and participation. It's an opportunity to experience competition and represent the club in a relaxed environment whilst meeting athletes from other clubs. Athletes will be required to wear a Crusaders T-Shirt for competition. If your athlete needs one they are available for €10 at training.
Timetable will be determined by the entries received and will not be finalised until after clubs submit entries.
Choice of events available per team
U9 Girls/Boys U10 Girls/Boys U11 Girls/Boys
Born 2013 Born 2012 Born 2011
60m 60m 60m
300m 500m 600m
Long Jump Long Jump Long Jump
Turbo Javelin Turbo Javelin Turbo Javelin
- Two (2) athletes per team.
- Each athlete may compete in two events only, with the same or two different
(for example, John can do the 60m with Tom and can also do the long jump with Liam)
- Athletes compete in their own age group (U9 must be born 2013, U10 2012 & U11 2011).
- Each teams combined distances or combined times are added for team scoring.
- Medals for 1st, 2nd, 3rd team members in each event.
- Three (3) teams per event per region, qualifying through Regional/Provincial
- U9, 10 Long Jump competition, athletes may jump anywhere from the sand.
- U 11 Long Jump competition is from the board.
- 3 Jumps only per athlete.
- Turbo Javelin throw is similar to javelin technique.
- Longest throw measured to where the turbo javelin hits the ground.
- 3 throws only per athlete.
- 60m, 300m, 500m, 600m are on times no finals.
- Standing or crouch start is optional. The standing start command for all sprints
- Persistent false starts may lead to disqualification.
- Club singlet’s must be worn.
- If a club has more than 1 team in any event they should be clearly distinguished with a label on their vest as “A” “B” “C”, etc
Please send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday 12th July at 9pm stating your events in order of preference 1 to 4.